Titled by my BF because it reminded him of a serrated knife.
· Full Spectrum – Baby pink bursts into holographic magenta to party with silver, gold, blue, pink and green particles
· Liquid Crystal – Bright blue holographic with purple tint dusted with silver, gold, green, pink and orange
· Optical Illusion – Aqua green glimmers with a hint of purple filled with pink, yellow, silver, orange and green flecks
· Polarized – Silver metallic sheen sprinkled with yellow, pink, orange and green glitters
· Prism – Grape purple holographic gleams with pink shimmer and glitters with pieces of pink, blue,green,orange, silver and gold
· Ray-Diant – Greenish-gold shimmer filled with specks of silver, pink, green, orange and blue
Available April 2012.
1) You must post 11 things about yourself on your blog.
2) You must answer the questions that the tagger has set for you as well as create a new set of eleven questions for those who you tag to answer.
3) Choose eleven people and link them in your tag.
4) Go to their page and tell them!
5) No tag backs.
6) You legit have to tag.
11 Things About Me
1. I’m super sensitive to spicy food. Almost all food is too spicy for me.
2. I am a coffee fiend. I love it, I can’t get enough of it. Latte’s are my favorite. My mother bought me a Tassimo for Christmas and it is amazing! I had a regular espresso maker before that but the latte’s never tasted as good as the Tassimo makes them.
3. Teal, turquoise, aqua are all my favorite. I also really like gray.
4. My mom is awesome!
5. I’m not really one to have celebrity crushes but there is something about Ryan Gosling that I don’t mind looking at. If you are into crafty/DIY stuff like I am then you might find THIS entertaining…I sure do!
6. I HATE talking on the phone.
7. I LIKE doing laundry. Towels are my favorite.
8. My favorite food is Middle Eastern.
9. I loooove animals. I grew up in a house with people that had severe allergies and was unable to have anything other than fish. I now live in an apartment where I am unable to have any pets (even fish!).
10. Even though I now live in San Francisco which is known as a major “Foodie City”, I really miss the food of Detroit.
11. I become addicted to things easily. Not of the illicit nature.
11 Questions From Natasha
1. What is your best childhood memory?
My grandparents lived about 5 hours away. In the summer my parents would drive me up and drop me off to stay with my grandparents for about a week. That time with my grandparents is time that I hold very dear to my heart. We would go camping, pick wild flowers, make blueberry pancakes with blueberries we picked the day before, etc.
2.Why did you start blogging?
When I came across the blog universe (blogiverse?) I was hooked (see #11 above). I read and read and read and I was so inspired and learned so many things. I wanted a place that could document all of my nail art but I also wanted to be able to inspire others and share with others the things that I learned.
3. What is the best compliment anyone has given you?
That I inspired them.
4. If a make-up collection were named after you, what brand would make it, what would the collection be called, and what would the story behind the collection be?
I’m not really that into makeup but I will try my hardest to answer this one…It would be by Benefit because that’s my favorite makeup brand at the moment. It would have neutral colors with lots of unexpected pops of color…hmm…that’s all I have for this one, sorry!
5. If you had to choose between having your nails one color for the rest of your life, what color would it be?
My answer might be considered a cheat but here goes…I would choose a pale creamy pink and then do different nail art over top of it that I could switch out. I used to do this when I got Gelish and Shellac (CND Romantique is one of my favs). One of my favorite polish shades is OPI We’ll Always Have Paris but I definitely wouldn’t want to wear it every day. I get bored having the same color, 3 days is usually my max.
6. Do you take vitamins for your hair, skin, and nails? If so do you see a difference?
No, I do not.
7. What type of shoes do you wear all summer long?
Sandals, moccasins, wedges, ballet flats, etc.
8. Are you more likely to buy things on sale, or are you willing to splurge?
I definitely search for bargains but I am willing to splurge on things I really want.
9. If you had to choose between having a mullet for a month, or no lashes and eyebrows (not even fake ones!) for a month which one would you choose?
The worst hair cut of my life left me with a mullet of sorts and I made it work til it grew out enough to get it cut again. The top wasn’t super short, it was more like a shoulder length bob and then the part behind my neck was about 3-4 inches longer. Oh it was horrible!! Anyways, I would rock a mullet…I could figure out a way to style it to make it work.
10. Where is the best place you’ve ever travelled to?
Big Sur. It’s beautiful. I would post a bunch of photos but they don’t do it justice. You have to be there to experience it’s true beauty. Go ahead and do a Google image search, the images are amazing but they really don’t do it justice.
11. Do you collect anything?
Just nail polish!!
11 Questions From Zoe
1.) Favourite Film?
2.) Who is your favourite blogger?
I find inspiration in so many different bloggers I couldn’t just pick one.
3.) If you could have any job in the world what would you do? (Not including actor/actress or singer)
I would love to own my own salon.
4.) What’s your favourite nail polish brand & colour?
I love OPI because of the brushes but I also love Zoya, China Glaze and Color Club to name a few. One of my favorite colors is OPI We’ll Always Have Paris. Another is Color Club New Bohemian or Age of Aquarius. My favorites change all the time.
5.) If you could only choose 3 food to eat for the rest of your life what would they be?
Bread, potatoes, chocolate. Horrible I know but I love toast and there are so many different ways to cook a potato so it would be hard to get sick of it and I have a major sweet tooth so I need my chocolate.
6.) What’s your go to nail polish colour?
Depends on my mood but I tend to prefer aqua’s or teal’s.
7.) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
8.) Whats inspires you?
I find inspiration everywhere…it can be just colors or prints or something someone says…I find many things inspiring in different ways.
9.) How long have you been blogging for & why did you start blogging?
I started in December. See #2 from Natasha’s questions above.
10.) What phone have you got?
I have an HTC Amaze and I love it!
11.) Name 3 things you couldn’t live without?
Oh man, tough one! I’m going to go with my phone, my computer and….coffee!
Here are the 11 questions for the people I tag to answer:
1. What is the last movie you saw?
2. What is your favorite TV show?
3. What is your favorite polish or makeup brand?
4. What is your middle name?
5. What is the closest beauty related item to you right now?
6. What is the most important quality you look for in a friend?
7. Favorite meal of the day (breakfast, lunch or dinner)?
8. If you won a $1000 gift card to any store which one store would you choose?
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
10. What is one beauty item you cannot live without?
11. What does your phone case (or phone if you don’t have a case) look like?
11 People I Tag:
10. Nails Nailed
Ignore this if any of you have already done this, I’ve seen it going around everywhere, it’s hard to keep track of who has already done it.
Start by painting stripes (vertical or horizontal will work). This doesn’t have to be perfect, it will be covered up later. I was suffering from a migraine when I was doing this which caused me to have very shaky hands and the stripes show it but it really doesn’t matter. So if you don’t have steady hands this might be the perfect thing for you to try.
Then place striping tape in various directions all over the nail.
Go over the entire nail with black nail polish. Carefully remove the striping tape immediately.
The finished result will look something like this:
Zoya Pandora received the most votes when I asked you all which polishes I should order. I was actually kind of shocked that Pandora had the most votes. Don’t get me wrong, I thought Pandora was a beautiful color (otherwise it wouldn’t have been on the list) but compared to the other colors on the list it just seemed so plain. As soon as I put it on my nails I fell in love, it’s gorgeous! So thanks to those of you that voted cause this baby is a winner!
Pandora is a pink-toned beige with silver shimmer. The formula was great, one coat was pretty much opaque but I have two coats on in the pictures.
Check out all the entries for My Awesome Beauties 6 Month Blog Anniversary Competition. All inspiring work!
Last week when I posted the Color Club Back To Boho Collection A I mentioned that I also wanted to post Collection B. Keep in mind that this collection came out in the fall so the colors (particularly Collection B) are very much fall oriented but I just wanted to post the entire collection. I do believe these colors were also available individually but I was lucky enough to get Collection B gifted to me by my BF back in the fall and I found Collection A at a great price just a week or so ago so I am now the lucky owner of the entire collection. Also note the Collection A included a base coat and Collection B included a topcoat which are not included in either of my posts of the collection. Please check out Collection A HERE if you missed it last week.
Boho Mojo (2 coats, no topcoat):
Frosty silver with a hint of taupe. This is the worst color of the bunch. It’s streaky and frosty. The color would be a good base for nail art but that’s about it. I wouldn’t use this as just a manicure but it would be nice under shatter or a tribal design or something that you just need a neutral base for.
Nouveau Vintage (2 coats, no topcoat):
Reddish-brown metallic (foil?) packed with green and gold shimmer. Very pretty, very unique color. It reminds me of something but I just can’t think of what it is…? This one is a must have in my opinion. It’s gorgeous!
Voodoo You Do (2 Coats + topcoat):
Blueish-greenish-grayish…hard color to describe. It also is frosty and streaky but not as much as Boho Mojo and the color is so much better than Boho Mojo. I added a topcoat to this one to see if it would camouflage the streaks and it did.
Artsy Craftsy (2 coats, no topcoat):
A dark hunter green creme. Loooove this color! When my BF gave me this collection this was the first polish I used. I did my ringer finger in traditional colored leopard print and Artsy Fartsy (love the name) on the rest of my fingers.
Color Club Blue-topia (2 coats, no topcoat):
This is a very dark inky blue jelly. If you aren’t in direct sunlight it’s hard to see the blue except around the edges. I’m curious to see how this one looks in a jelly sandwich since I haven’t tried anything so dark yet.
Rebel Spirit (2 coats, no topcoat):
Deep dark (almost black) brown creme. The picture makes it look blacker than it is but it is very dark. This is a very nice dark chocolate brown. I never used to wear browns but I am liking them more and more and they are perfect for fall (when this collection came out!). I only have three browns in my collection that I can think of and the other two are much lighter than this one so this is a nice addition to my collection.
I am a huge Color Club fan! The Back To Boho Collection didn’t disappoint. My favorites of Collection B are Artsy Fartsy and Nouveau Vintage. My favorites of the overall collection are Nomadic In Nude, New Bohemian, Rad Nomad, Artsy Fartsy and Nouveau Vintage.